Asthma Wellness Program
REVERSE YOUR ASTHMA | Get rid of inhalers
Follow up on Kartik Poornima to continue your Asthma Reversal journey
PROTOCOL of SHWAS ROG TREATMENT ON KARTIK POORNIMA
Self Preparation by patient:
- Start taking light simple food three days before Kartik Poornima
- If possible do not take food after sunset for 2-3 days
- Instead may take golden milk (turmeric milk)/ Tulsi milk (Tulsi leaves boiled in milk), warm water boiled with Tulsi.
- On the day prior to Kartik Poornima compulsorily avoid food at night. Instead take golden milk, Tulsi milk or Tulsi water as told above.
- On the Day Of Poornima try to be on fast for excellent results. If you can’t keep fast, may take only Tulsi milk or Tulsi water and that should not be strictly taken after 6 PM or sunset.
- Herbal Kheer is to be taken at 12.00 midnight.
- Not to sleep in the night of taking kheer with medicine for best results.
- Walk in the house or outside as per convenience. Do not take anything for at least 2.5 to 3 hrs or more. If can’t stay like that, you may take Tulsi water (warm) after 2.5 hrs
May take herbal tea
Any kwath if advised by Vaidya
No solid breakfast
Light food preferably Millets Foxtail, Browntop, Kodo, little, Barnyard successively spread over a week (Dr Khadar). Millets to be taken ½ to ⅓ of appetite for a few days.
Make a practice of taking warm water.
Light food preferably Millets Foxtail, Browntop, Kodo, little, Barnyard successively for a week (Dr Khadar). Millets to be taken ½ to ⅓ of appetite for a few days.
Make a practice of taking warm water
Tulsi Milk/ Tulsi water
GENERAL DINCHARYA / PROTOCOL FOR SHWAS ROG / ASTHMA PATIENTS:
Wake up early in the morning before sunrise. Kapha dosha is generally vitiated in the mornings
Drink warm water
Do Nitya karma (defecation, teeth cleaning etc)
Do yoga postures:
1-2 minutes each recommended. All postures are not necessarily required at a stretch.
Ushtrasan/ ardh Ushtrasan (to keep lungs healthy)
Shalabhasan (lungs become active)
Bhujangasan (stretches lungs, more O2 reaches lungs)
Few minutes each as per capacity. Pranayama should not be done aggressively by asthma patients. Not necessarily all pranayamas need to be done.
Anulom Vilom/ Nadi shodhan
Kapal bhati (not aggressively)
Bhramari (If possible touch tongue tip with soft palate (TALU) during Bhramari)
Soorya Namaskar if one can do it (it is a series of 12 postures in succession).
For 5 minutes minimum
To calm down mind
Bath with warm water preferably between October to Feb
Do not Take (Don’ts)
Please remember that as a general rule, to get full benefits of Ayurvedic medicine you must follow food instructions and do’s and don’ts whenever advised.
Food is to keep balance between Vata and Kapha.
If too much heat then avoid spices like garam masala and and chilly and other hot influence foods (thermogenic foods)
- No dry food like crackers, dry cold cereal
- No bananas which cause Kapha
- No curd at night
- No buffalo milk
- No ice cream
- No sugarcane
- No heavy food
- Avoid new grains.
Do Take these foods (Do’s):
- Buttermilk with black pepper and cumin seeds powder may be taken
- Take Desi cow milk
- Pomegranates (roast it a bit, put rock salt/ saindha namak)
- Papaya/ Pineapple / sweet lime in sunshine may be taken
- Take aged (Old) honey/ grains/ ghee.
- Warm water every 2 hrs
- Carom water (Ajwain boiled water)
- Vit D rich food – milk and eggs
- Beta carotene rich food – carrots, leafy greens
- Magnesium rich foods – pumpkin seeds and spinach
Include Millets (Do’s):
Include millets in meals periodically in place of normal grains in diet.:
Soak overnight and cook longer in the morning
- Foxtail – kangni (2 days in a week)
- Browntop (2 days a week)
- Kodo (1 day a week)
- Little (1 day a week)
- Barnyard (1 day a week)
BF: Apply above do’s and don’ts. Please take between 8 to 9 am. .
Lunch: Apply above do’s and don’ts. Pl take between 1.00 to 2.00 p.m.
Dinner/ Supper: Apply above do’s and don’ts. Try to take it before sunset or 3 hrs before bedtime.
Here’s what modern science and Ayurveda say about Asthma
|A chronic disease in which bronchial airways in the lungs become narrow and swollen||An association of Vata and Kapha doshas causing obstruction in Srothas. Srothas are the inner transport mechanism of the body.|
|CDC says: Repeated episodes of wheezing, breathlessness, Chest tightness, Coughing at night or early morning||Difficulty in breathing is Shwas.|
|Respiratory infections, airborne allergens, air pollutants, cold air, physical activity (beyond capacity)||Caused by imbalance of Vata and Kapha dosha.Vitiated Pran vayu combines with deranged Kapha and causes obstruction in Pranvah strotas.|
|Control your Asthma as per Doctor’s advice by avoiding causative factors and triggers, taking medicines. Medicines may have side effects – CDC||Pranvah strotas are cleared by giving suitable medicines and daily routine instructions.. Ayurveda medicines not only treat dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing) but cures the cause which may be from varied factors.|